Cozy and filling, this high-protein Toaster Oven Egg Bake features cottage cheese, eggs, and spicy pepper jack cheese. It’s just what your morning needs!
Easy, cheesy, and super comforting this toaster oven egg bake is a great way to start the day. The mini breakfast casserole makes enough to feed two people and is very impressive-looking but not one-bit-fussy. Just mix, pour and bake!
The basic recipe is simple to customize to your tastes and what’s already in the pantry.
Cottage Cheese: The curds melt into the baked casserole to make it taste rich without being heavy.
Shredded Cheese: Choose a melty cheese. Spicy pepper jack cheese is my personal favorite but cheddar, Monterey Jack, or gouda taste yummy too.
How to Make an Egg Bake For Two
1. Adjust the cooking rack in your toaster oven to the bottom placement and preheat it to 350°F on the BAKE setting.
2. Next, grab a medium bowl, add the eggs, and whisk them together.
3. Dump all of the other ingredients in, stir them up well, and pour the mixture into an oiled 7 x 5-inch baking dish.
4. Pop the pan in the preheated toaster oven and bake until the eggs are set (aka no more jiggle in the middle), the edges are browned, and the top is golden all over.
5. Once the eggs are ready, remove the pan and let it cool for a few minutes. Then slice the egg bake into two pieces, pile on the toppings, and dig in!
- Use a knife to check doneness. Stick a butter knife in the center of your casserole. If it comes out clean, your eggs are cooked.
- The type of pan used will affect the bake time. If you use a metal pan, the eggs will cook faster so make sure to check on them early.
- Want to make it cheesier? In the last 5 minutes of baking, you can sprinkle an extra 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese over the casserole.
What if I don’t have a 7 x 5 baking dish?
We’ve had success cooking this recipe in an 8.5 x 4.5-inch metal loaf pan. It took about 25 minutes.
The one we made in a 6.5-inch cast iron skillet (like our toaster oven frittata) turned out great but the mixture did fill the skillet to the top leaving zero room for additional mix-ins.
You could also divide the mixture between a few 8-ounce ramekins or use a greased muffin tin.
Can You Double The Recipe?
Yes! Just double all of the ingredients and bake in an 11 x 7-inch pan or an 8 x 8-inch pan. You may need to cook the dish for a few additional minutes.
More Tasty Toaster Oven Breakfast Recipes:
- Toaster Oven Blueberry Muffins
- Toaster Oven Baked Oatmeal
- Baked Eggs and Green Beans
- Toaster Oven Breakfast Sandwich
- Easy Baked Egg Tostadas
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese, (low fat), 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, 2 ounces
- 1/2 small Jalapeño, (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Canned Corn, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- Avocado, sliced
- Fresh Cilantro
- Adjust cooking rack to the bottom placement and preheat toaster oven to 350°F on the BAKE setting.
- Grease a 7 x 5 baking dish with oil.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in cottage cheese, shredded cheese, jalapeño, corn, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until eggs are set, 25 to 33 minutes. (The cooking time will vary depending on the pan used and your toaster oven. Begin checking on your eggs after 25 minutes, adding more time as needed). You’ll know it’s ready when the edges are browned, the top is golden all over, and a butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the toaster oven and cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite toppings.
To make a larger batch: double the recipe ingredients and bake in an 11 x 7 or 8 x 8 baking dish. Bake as directed above, adding more time as needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 11.1gSaturated Fat: 4.3gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 19.6g