Roasted sweet potato rounds are an easy snack or holiday side dish for two. Sweet potato slices seasoned with coconut oil, salt and cinnamon then roasted to caramelized perfection. Better make two batches, you won’t want to share!
(this post contains affiliate links, which help support this site at no additional cost to you. )
Life Changing, Unbelievably Easy, Ridiculously Delicious, Perfect for Any Occasion Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds.
That was the original title for this recipe. But it’s kind of a mouthful.
And I know you heart them too. You’re the reason our toaster oven baked sweet potato guide is always one of our top 3 most popular posts.
But Here’s The Problem
Baking a whole sweet potato takes forever…okay, maybe it’s more like an hour.
You know what I’m talking about, though. When you’re waiting for something you crave, like a batch of Everything Bagel Style toaster oven baked potato wedges, time moves slower.
It can feel like an eternity before you’ll get to dive into your fluffy baked sweet potato.
That’s why you’re going to love these tasty roasted sweet potato rounds. They’re crispy on the outside – creamy on the inside and take just 30 minutes to make!
Boom. Life. Changed.
Are They Really That Easy?
Yep, for plain rounds it’s basically Slice, Oil, Roast & Eat. We’ve included helpful tips in the recipe notes section but it really is that simple.
And these sweet potato slices are sturdy enough to be dippable in guacamole or your favorite hummus. For your low-carb friends and family, they’d make a great chip substitute in nachos or as a replacement for the naan in our veggie hummus flatbread.
In honor of the upcoming US holiday I gave this batch a Thanksgiving style treatment:
- Drizzle of real maple syrup
- Balsamic roasted cranberries
- Toasted pecan pieces
They were so yummy, I’m not even ashamed to admit polishing off the whole pan All By Myself!
But I’m pretty sure you could top them with anything in your fridge or pantry and they’ll be equally irresistible.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $256.45Was: $279.99
- Price: $16.90Was: $18.68
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes , washed and dried
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Preheat your toaster oven to 425F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into ½-inch rounds. Place rounds on a roasting pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Brush each sweet potato slice with oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Flip slices over and repeat.
- Place pan in toaster oven and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the pan and carefully flip the rounds with a fork or spatula.
- Return to the toaster oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until golden and caramelized.
- Serve rounds plain or with your favorite toppings.
For the best rounds look for thinner sweet potatoes that are an even width.
Recipe loosely adapted from these buttery Roasted Sweet Potato Fries or Rounds
Have fun and experiment with different seasonings and toppings. Try olive oil with chipotle powder or garlic salt for a more savory snack.
Nutritional information is an estimate for 1 of 2 servings without any toppings.