Roasted Beet and Cottage Cheese Toast. A quick and nutritious lunch packed with almost 15 grams of protein, fresh greens, and earthy sweet beets.
Last week we conquered our beet fears and roasted up a bunch of sweet and earthy Toaster Oven Roasted Beets.
Now let’s make something tasty with them!
Like a Roasted Beet and Cottage Cheese Toast that’s packed with protein, fresh greens and makes just enough to feed two people.
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy lunch recipe:
- Beets – Roasted taste best but canned (non-pickled) make a mighty fine substitute.
- Cottage Cheese – creamy, salty and loaded with protein. What’s not to like? If for some crazy reason cottage cheese isn’t your thing, a big dollop of ricotta cheese will taste great too.
- Arugula or any light and herby green.
- Bread for toasting.
- Balsamic Vinegar – to make a light vinaigrette for the greens plus it tastes so good with beets.
- Honey – if you like things a little sweeter.
- Sunflower seeds – for an unexpected crunch.
- Lemons wedges for a quick hit of acid that will bring all of the flavors together.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Toast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239 Total Fat: 9.3g Saturated Fat: 1.9g Cholesterol: 8.5mg Sodium: 380.9mg Carbohydrates: 26.8g Fiber: 5.4g Sugar: 12g Protein: 14.2g
For more quick and easy lunchtime inspiration check out this veggie-stuffed Roasted Red Pepper, Carrot and Hummus Sandwich, sweet and tangy Strawberry Spinach Pita Pockets, high protein Spicy Chickpea Edamame Salad Pitas or any of these 12 Ridiculously Delicious Vegetarian Sandwiches, Wraps & Pitas.