These Cherry Banana Oat Cookies taste like a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form! They’re loaded with good-for-you ingredients like toasted oats, coconut, banana, flax meal, fresh cherries, and for fun a little chocolate. Perfect for snacking or a quick breakfast on the run.
Got an overripe banana? Here’s a yummy way to put that guy to use!
These Cherry Banana Oat Cookies are a deliciously decadent breakfast, snack, or dessert. Each bite is filled with juicy sweet cherries, toasted oats, and a little chocolate.
They taste so good, you might find it hard to believe they’re actually full of wholesome goodies like:
- flax meal
- toasted oats
- fresh cherries
- a splash of almond extract
- and mini chocolate chips
3 Quick Tips
Set Your Expectations – These are not cookies in the traditional sense, I’d describe them as more like mini baked oatmeals.
Toast Your Oats – Raw oats are seriously lacking in the flavor department. A little trip to the oven/toaster oven and they will be golden and crisp with a slightly nutty flavor. Here’s a quick guide for how to toast oats.
Pitting Cherries is the Pits – It’s not my favorite activity either but this recipe calls for pitting a handful so I just slice them in half and dig the pits out with my fingers. If you’re not sure how to pit a cherry, check out this video from Sunset with 3 simple techniques.
You can store any uneaten cookies in the fridge for a few days. But something tells me you won’t have any trouble finding someone to help you eat these scrumptious Cherry Banana Oat Cookies.
More Tasty Ways to Enjoy Cherries
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup Mashed Banana (about 1 very ripe large banana)
- 2 teaspoons Flax Meal
- 1/8 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1½ tablespoons Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate (about .50 ounces)
- 1/3 cup seeded and chopped Fresh Cherries, (about 7 large or 10 small whole cherries)
Toast The Oats
- Adjust the cooking rack to the middle position and preheat your oven to 350°F. If using a toaster oven, select the BAKE setting.
- Spread oats in a single layer on an ungreased rimmed pan and add to the oven. Cook until the oats are toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set pan aside to cool completely before adding to the recipe.
Make The Cookies
- Line a quarter sheet pan with a silicone baking mat or lightly oil.
- In a medium bowl add the mashed banana, flax meal, and almond extract and mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and cherries until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop the cookies onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake until they are no longer wet looking and are just starting to brown around the edges, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan before using a spatula to remove them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 1.7gSaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 0.8mgCarbohydrates: 11.7gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 3.8gProtein: 2g