Crispy Polenta Dippers are a ridiculously simple toaster oven snack. With a tube of pre-cooked polenta, some spices, and a little oil you can whip up this easy appetizer in just 25 minutes!
The stars aligned today.
You finally have a free afternoon to binge watch Netflix, read the newest Michael Connelly, or play a few rounds of Sequence with your sweetie.
On these rarest of occasions, you’re not looking to spend hours of your precious free time in the kitchen, right?
Nope, you want to throw together a tasty snack that’s fast, simple and will have you curled up on the couch or wildly dominating the game table in no time.
Something like these semi-homemade Crispy Polenta Dippers!
Here’s what you need to make this simple appetizer:
- tube of pre-cooked polenta (can be found near the pasta at your grocery store)
- a little oil
- sprinkle of seasonings
Toss everything together and pop the pan in your toaster oven. In less than 30 minutes you’ll have a batch of tiny corn-licious wedges perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
Let’s make some!
~ Keep scrolling for cooking tips after the recipe ~
- 1/2 18-ounce package Precooked Polenta
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Seasoning of Choice, such as Italian Seasoning, Chipotle Powder, Taco Seasoning or Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Pizza Sauce, or other dipping sauce of choice, such as Marinara Sauce, Guacamole, Blueberry Yogurt
- Adjust toaster oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 450°F on the BAKE setting.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Slice polenta into 1/2-inch rounds. Slice each round into 4 or 6 triangles.
- Place triangles onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking oil and sprinkle with seasoning of choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes until polenta is dry to the touch.
- Adjust rack to the highest position and switch the toaster oven to broil. Broil for 2-4 minutes until the triangles are crispy and browned.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
To cook in a Convection Toaster Oven, reduce temperature to 425°F and bake 7 to 9 minutes before broiling.
The recipe calls for half a tube of polenta. You can store unused polenta refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Nutritional Information is an estimate for half of a recipe without dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: Half of Recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 0.9gSaturated Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 19.7gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 1.3gProtein: 2.6g
Step by Step Photos and Tips
Step 1: Preheat your toaster oven to 450°F, slice the polenta into ½-inch rounds, and then cut the rounds into triangles.
Right about here I usually get an irresistible urge to pretend one of the rounds is Pacman gobbling up a line of grape tomatoes. If it happens to you, find the nearest little kid or willing spouse and indulge it. Life’s too short not to.
Step 2: Once you’re done playing with your polenta arrange it on your toaster oven baking sheet. Brush or spray the pieces with oil and sprinkle over your favorite seasonings.
Step 3: Pop the pan in your toaster oven for 10 minutes. Remember to reduce the time and temperature when using a convection toaster oven.
Step 4: Once they’re warmed through, get your little snack bites crispy on the outside but still creamy inside using your toaster oven’s secret weapon: The Broiler.
In just a few minutes’ time, they’ll be golden, browned on the edges and ready for dipping.
Seasoning and Dip Ideas
- Chipotle Powder + Guacamole
- Italian Seasoning + Pizza Sauce
- Cinnamon + Blueberry Yogurt
Not sure which combo to try first?
The Italian seasoning and pizza sauce was the big winner in our house.
Tim quickly finished his and started stealing from my plate! *His suggestion: sprinkle the polenta with shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese before broiling for a serious pizza vibe.
Looking for more easy toaster oven appetizers? Here are some of our favorites:
- Dynamite Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower Bites (Only 30 Minutes!)
- Veggie Hummus Flatbread
- Addictive Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds (Only 30 Minutes!)
- Toaster Oven Baked Pita Chips
- Toaster Oven Baked Potato Wedges (Everything Bagel Style)