Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower Bites are a healthier vegetarian appetizer full of spicy bold flavor. Your meat-eating friends and family will love this addictive crispy snack.
Want to be the star of your next holiday gathering or game day party?
Serve something mildly healthy.
People loooove having lighter options to balance out all the gooey cheese and bacon-wrapped everything. The trick is cooking a dish that tastes better than those other indulgent appetizers.
Better For You Party Food
But that tasty pair’s about to be a trio because I’ve fallen deep in snack love with these irresistible Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower Bites featuring:
- Breaded vegetables that are crispy outside and tender inside;
- Spicy buffalo sauce; and
- A lightened-up Greek yogurt blue cheese dip!
Yeah, you’re going to fall in love too.
You’ve probably seen recipes for cauliflower buffalo “wings” before. As fans of all things spicy + vegetables (hello Sweet And Spicy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha) we’ve have been dying to try them.
But Here’s The Problem
Sauce covered wings (veggie or otherwise) bring a high level of sticky-finger-messiness.
That’s why we made these bites a little differently.
The broccoli and cauliflower florets are dipped in buffalo sauce and olive oil, tossed in bread crumbs and then baked (not fried). As they bake the sauce combines with the breading forming a spicy crispy crust.
This way you get to enjoy a “wing” that’s all kinds of Y-U-M but won’t turn your fingers, shirt or sofa orange.
3 Tips For Your Veggie Bites:
- Make things easier by using a bag of pre-chopped broccoli and cauliflower florets (so worth the extra $).
- The convection setting on your toaster oven will make the crispiest bites (just reduce the temperature and cook time).
- You can double/triple the recipe for a larger crowd or cut it in half for a spicy party of one.
Whether it’s game night with friends or watching a movie with your sweetie they’re a fun snack you can always feel good serving.
We also shared this Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower Bites Recipe on Food Fanatic, stop by to print out the recipe!