Packed with flavor, these Curry Spiced Cashews are ready in just 20 minutes! Enjoy as a quick snack or top your favorite salad with these addictive savory nuts.
When it comes to healthy snacks, nothing beats a handful of nuts. But let’s be honest, plain nuts are kind of boring. That’s why I love spiced nuts, they’re LOADED with flavor and unbelievably easy to make in your toaster oven.
Lately, Tim and I have been filling up on these Curry Spiced Cashews. They’re buttery and savory, with a fun gingery kick. A small handful is the perfect afternoon snack to tide you over until dinner.
They also make a great salad topping or stuffed into pitas filled with Curried Egg Salad For Two.
Now, if you’re like me and have a crazy salt-loving snack monster living in your belly too, no worries. Similar to our yummy Rosemary Cashews, this small-batch recipe makes just one cup of salty seasoned nuts.
~ Keep scrolling for step by step photos & tips after the recipe ~
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
- Adjust the cooking rack to the bottom placement and preheat your toaster oven to 325°F on the BAKE setting. To make in a traditional oven use the middle rack placement.
- Spray a small baking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, curry powder, cumin, ginger, and sea salt. Add cashews and stir well to coat.
- Pour nuts onto prepared pan and arrange in a single layer.
- Cook nuts until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 14 to 16 minutes.
- When the cashews are finished cooking, remove the pan from the toaster oven, stir nuts again, and arrange in a single layer.
- Leave nuts on the pan to cool completely before devouring or storing in a well-sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 12.6gSaturated Fat: 2.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 10.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
Step by Step Photos
Start by preheating your toaster oven to 325°F and spray a light-colored small toaster oven pan with cooking oil.
Next, gather the spices, oil, and maple syrup. Dump everything (except the cashews) into a large bowl and whisk the ingredients together. Now, add the cashews.
Initially, it might feel like there isn’t enough coating but don’t worry it will be plenty. Just keep stirring.
Arrange the nuts in a single layer on your prepared pan and cook for about 14 to 15 minutes. Stir the cashews after about 7 minutes and then again every 3 or 4 minutes until they’re toasted.
Once the nuts look toasted, remove the pan from the oven and give them one more good stir.
It’s okay if the cashews are still a little sticky. The coating will dry and crisp up more while the nuts cool on the pan.
Allow any cashews that don’t get gobbled up right away to cool completely. Then, store them in a covered jar so they’re prepped and ready to tame your next salty snack craving!