When it comes to quick nutritious snacks, nothing beats a handful of nuts. But let’s be honest, plain nuts are kind of boring.
That’s why I love spiced nuts like these Curry Spiced Cashews. They’re buttery and savory, with a fun gingery kick.
A small handful is the perfect afternoon snack to tide you over until dinner!
Similar to our popular Rosemary Cashews, this small-batch recipe makes just one cup of salty seasoned nuts. But you can double or triple the recipe to make more if you want!
- raw cashews
- maple syrup
- olive oil (avocado oil tastes good too!)
- yellow curry powder (we used Trader Joe’s brand)
- ground cumin
- ground ginger
How to Make Spiced Cashews
Step 1. Start by preheating your oven or toaster oven to 325°F and spray a small rimmed pan with cooking oil.
I like to use a light-colored metal pan as darker pans absorb more heat and tend to burn nuts. If you’ve only got a dark pan, reduce the temperature to 300°F and check on your nuts more often.
Step 2. Gather the spices, oil, and maple syrup. Dump everything (except the cashews) into a large bowl and whisk the ingredients together. Then add the cashews.
Initially, it might feel like there isn’t enough coating but don’t worry it will be plenty. Just keep stirring.
Step 3. Arrange the nuts in a single layer on your prepared pan. Cook until the nuts are fragrant and toasted, about 14 to 15 minutes.
For even toasting and to prevent sticking you’ll want to stir the cashews after 7 minutes. Then again every 3 or 4 minutes until they’re toasted.
Step 4. Once the spiced cashews are ready, remove the pan from the oven and give it one last good stir. Then let the nuts cool on the pan completely.
It’s okay if they are still a little sticky. The coating will dry and crisp up more while the nuts cool on the pan.
Step 5. Store your seasoned nuts in a covered jar so they’re prepped and ready to tame your next salty snack craving!
More Easy Snack Recipes To Enjoy:
- 22 Healthy Snack Ideas For Adults
- Toaster Oven Baked Pita Chips (In 6 Fun Flavors)
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Addictive Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds
- Cooking Oil Spray
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Raw Unsalted Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and adjust the cooking rack to the middle placement. If using a toaster oven, move the rack to the bottom placement and select the BAKE setting.
- Spray a small baking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, curry powder, cumin, ginger, and sea salt. Add cashews and stir well to coat.
- Pour nuts onto prepared pan and arrange in a single layer.
- Cook nuts until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally, about 14 to 16 minutes.
- When the cashews are finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven, stir nuts again, and arrange in a single layer.
- Leave nuts on the pan to cool completely before devouring or storing in a well-sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 12.6gSaturated Fat: 2.1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 10.6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g