These colorful Rainbow Fruit Waffles are a quick and healthy breakfast that’s fun for kids and adults. All you need are frozen waffles, fresh fruit, and your favorite creamy spread – perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or any morning!
These crowd-pleasing fruit topped waffles check all the important holiday breakfast boxes: Quick, Healthy and Fun!
We made ours with ricotta and coconut butter but you can easily substitute cream cheese, yogurt or whipped cream.
Or just skip the creamy spread altogether and make the clouds with banana slices or mini marshmallows.
Seriously, there’s no wrong way to make a fun and fruity breakfast rainbow 🙂
Did someone eat all of your blueberries?
No worries, here are a bunch of fruit substitutions for the different colors of the rainbow:
- Red: strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pomegranate seeds
- Orange: clementine, oranges, peaches, nectarines, apricots
- Yellow: pineapple, bananas, mango
- Green: kiwi, honeydew, pears
- Blue: blueberries, blackberries, grapes
Adding a fruit rainbow to your usual ho-hum frozen waffle really takes it up a notch flavorwise – plus they are so fun to make!
- 2 whole grain frozen waffles
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, (at room temp)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 2 large strawberries, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clementine, segmented and thinly sliced
- 1 pineapple ring, (fresh or canned in juice), finely chopped
- 1 small kiwi, peeled and finely chopped
- 15 small blueberries
- Prepare frozen waffles according to the package directions. Allow waffles to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before topping.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese and coconut butter. Spread mixture in a horseshoe shape on the upper 2/3 of each waffle. Make sure to reserve a few teaspoons to make the clouds.
- Starting with the strawberries arrange fruit in the shape of a rainbow on top of the ricotta.
- Make clouds by using a teaspoon to dollop the remaining ricotta at the ends of each rainbow.
See post for fruit and ricotta substitutions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Rainbow Waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13.2gSaturated Fat: 6.7gCholesterol: 36.1mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 12gProtein: 6.6g