Nachos for one is the best way to satisfy your cheesy chip cravings without going overboard. The crunchy toaster oven baked corn tortilla chips make them extra delicious!
One of my favorite things to cook in the toaster oven is quick snacks. I love not having to heat up our big oven to make a small batch of zucchini pizza bites, pita chips, or these yummy nachos for one.
The easy recipe comes together in about 20 minutes and features baked tortilla chips that are deliciously crispy. Not soggy like microwaved nachos.
- tortilla of choice – I used a corn tortilla but other varieties will work too.
- oil spray – crisps up the chips and adds flavor.
- salt – you can’t have chips without salt!
- shredded cheese – cheddar or pepper jack cheese are my favorite (but you do you).
- toppings – salsa, sliced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream…you get the idea.
How to Make Nachos For One
The secret to this tasty single-serving recipe is baking your own corn tortilla chips.
Step 1: Make The Chips
- Spray or brush both sides of the tortilla with a little oil.
- Sprinkle with salt (or use taco seasoning like we did with these baked tortilla strips).
- Slice the tortilla into wedges.
- Bake the chips in a preheated 350°F toaster oven for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chips over, and continue baking until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Let the chips cool on the pan for a few minutes, they’ll get crispier as they cool.
Step 2: Top With Cheese
Block cheese you shred yourself will melt best. But I usually just grab a few tablespoons of pre-shredded cheese and get on with it.
Step 3: Broil or Bake
Turn your toaster oven to BROIL and pop the pan back in. It should only take a minute or two for the cheese to melt so don’t wander off.
Or you can bake the chips at 350°F until melty, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add Your Favorite Toppings
Finish those cheesy chips with a few teaspoons of your favorite toppings. Then dig in before someone asks you to share!
More Nachos Recipes
- Toaster Oven Veggie Nachos
- Apple Nachos for Two
- Easy Sweet Potato Nachos
- Toaster Oven Cinnamon Chips (turn them into dessert nachos!)
- 1 Corn Tortilla, 6 inches
- Fine Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Shredded Cheese
- Jalapeño Slices
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
Bake the Chips
- Adjust your toaster oven’s cooking rack to the middle position and preheat to 350°F. Lightly grease your baking pan.
- Spray or brush one side of the tortilla with a little oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Flip tortillas over, repeat oil and salt, then slice into six triangles
- Arrange tortilla pieces in an even layer on your prepared pan.
- Bake the chips for 8 minutes, remove the pan, flip the chips and return the pan to the toaster oven. Continue baking until the chips have crisped, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove pan and allow chips to cool for a few minutes and crisp further.
Make the Nachos
- Sprinkle cheese over chips.
- Switch toaster oven to BROIL, add pan and cook just until the cheese is melted about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings and dig in!
You may need to adjust the cooking time for your chips (shorter or longer) as toaster ovens and tortilla brands vary.
Nutritional information is for a batch of nachos without toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 nachos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8.8gSaturated Fat: 4.7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 0.3gProtein: 6.7g