Turn up the heat with these Spicy Avocado Cauliflower Toasts! Featuring whole grain toasts topped with creamy avocado, jalapeño roasted cauliflower, peppery radishes, and more.
Avocado + Toast, such a fantastic combo right? Filling, quick and soooo satisfying.
One of my favorite things about avocado toast is how every fruit or veggie seems to just magically taste better on top of it.
So what should you put on avocado toast?
I know that the last one’s a little out there, stay with me people…it’s amazing.
Imagine crispy jalapeno slices, buttery roasted cauliflower, peppery radishes and the tiny bite of sliced scallions. Layer all that veggie texture and flavor onto a crispy slice of whole-grain toast covered in creamy mashed avocado.
Drizzle it with your favorite hot sauce, grab a few lime wedges and dig in!
For Jalapeño Roasted Cauliflower
- 1/2 a large head of cauliflower with leaves removed, (10-12 ounces)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper
To Prepare Toasts
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium avocado
- salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced for topping (optional)
- Preheat your toaster oven to 450 F and coat your baking or roasting pan with 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Slice the cauliflower into 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Place cauliflower and jalapeño slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to make sure all of the pieces are coated with oil.
- Arrange mixture in a single layer on the prepared pan and roast for 25 to 35 minutes until crispy and browned. Carefully flipping the cauliflower after 20 minutes.
- When cauliflower is ready set toaster oven to toast and brush each slice of bread lightly with oil. Toast bread until golden.
- Mash avocado onto toasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer jalapeño roasted cauliflower on top of avocado. Sprinkle with radish slices, green onion and cilantro. Drizzle with hot sauce.
- Serve toasts immediately with lime wedges and raw jalapeño slices if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimate for 1 of 2 toasts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 Toast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 23.8gSaturated Fat: 3.6gSodium: 294.4mgCarbohydrates: 33.5gFiber: 13.7gSugar: 7.1gProtein: 9.2g
How to Customize Your Spicy Avocado Toast
Depending on who you’re making these spicy avocado cauliflower toasts for there are lots of ways to adjust the heat level.
My godmother Michele is not a spicy food fan but such a good sport (she ate Sriracha for me, that’s real love ♥). If I was making one for her I would:
- Knock a few of those crispy roasted jalapeño slices off her toast.
- Skip the hot sauce altogether.
- And squeeze a lime wedge over everything to highlight the cooling avocado.
Still a flavor-packed lunch but with a much milder heat.
Now, for Tim (who will happily eat himself into a jalapeño hiccupping state) I’d crank up the heat with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper and a few fresh jalapeno slices.
Then I’d hand him his toast and scoot off to fold laundry until he finished hiccupping 🙂