A classic snack, frozen pizza bagels are easy to make at home and perfect for cleaning out the fridge. Warm them up in your toaster oven for a quick bite or fun dinner that everyone will enjoy!
If your small household is like ours, the condiment shelf in your fridge is a HUGE source of food waste. Pizza sauce, pesto, and BBQ sauce are nice once or twice but not every night.
Unfortunately, most sauces are sold in large family-sized jars. So you need a plan for the leftovers.
Enter homemade frozen pizza bagel bites!
They’re the easiest way to use up condiments, vegetables, and cheese before they go bad. Plus you get a freezer full of yummy snacks/meals for later.
My favorite thing about this simple pizza bagels recipe is that you can make the “pizza base” with any bready item you’ve got on hand. From pita bread to English muffins, they all taste delicious.
And feel free to get creative with the toppings too, pretty much anything works as long as you chop it into small bite-size pieces.
Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Snack veggies (like broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, and cauliflower)
- Artichoke hearts
- Canned pineapple
- Black olives
Or just grab whatever sauce, cheese, and toppings are already in your fridge and fill the freezer with some tasty mini pizzas!
~ Keep scrolling for step by step photos & tips after the recipe ~
- 3 Mini Bagels
- 6 tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Toppings (chopped peppers and veggies, sliced olives)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Slice bagels in half and place on pan. Top each mini bagel with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and desired toppings.
- Press the toppings and cheese down onto the sauce. This will help to keep the toppings from falling off once frozen.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight or until frozen, about 8 hours.
- When ready to bake pizzas, adjust the cooking rack to the bottom position and preheat your toaster oven to 400°F.
- Arrange pizzas on a rack inserted in a rimmed sheet pan. Bake until the cheese is melted, edges are browned, and the bagels are warmed through, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from oven and cool for a few minutes before digging in!
For Crispier Crusts: Bake pizzas directly on an un-greased light colored sheet pan. For dark-colored pans, reduce temperature to 375°F.
Convection Adjustments: Reduce temperature to 375°F, cooking time remains the same.
Frozen Full-Sized Pizza Bagels: Substitute 2 full-sized bagels for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pizza bagels for 13 to 16 minutes.
Frozen Pita Pizzas: Substitute 3 large pitas for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pita pizzas for 13 to 16 minutes.
Frozen English Muffin Pizzas: Substitute 3 English muffins for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pizzas for 14 to 16 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 2 Mini Pizza Bagels
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 160 Total Fat: 3.3g Saturated Fat: 1.3g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrates: 27.3g Fiber: 1.5g Sugar: 4.9g Protein: 6.2g
Frozen Pizza Bagels 101
Step 1: Prep Your Pan
Start by lining your pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. This will keep the bagels from sticking to the pan once they’re frozen.
Step 2: Make Your Mini Pizzas
Slice the mini bagels in half and place the halves on the pan with the insides facing up.
- Spread each bagel with sauce (pizza sauce is a classic choice but pesto and BBQ sauce taste great too).
- Then add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Lastly, pile on your favorite toppings.
Before you freeze your pizza bagels there are two more important steps.
- Use your hand to press the toppings and cheese into the sauce. This will help keep the toppings from falling off the frozen pizzas during storage.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap to try and prevent freezer burn.
Step 3: Chill Out
Now all that’s left is to freeze them!
Place the pan on something flat and stable in your freezer. Leave the pizzas in the freezer until frozen, about 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Storage: After the pizzas have frozen place them in a well-sealed freezer bag. They should keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Step 4: Warm Them Up
How To Cook Your Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites:
- Adjust the cooking rack to the bottom position and preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grab a few frozen pizzas and place them on a rack inserted in a rimmed baking pan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the pizzas are warmed through the middle, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and then dig in!
Frozen Mini Pizza Cooking Tips
For a super Crunchy Crust, bake the bagels (or pitas/English muffins) on an ungreased light-colored pan. If you’re using a Dark Pan, lower the temperature to 375 degrees F otherwise the bottoms might burn
Are you cooking with a convection toaster oven? Keep the bake time the same for your item but lower the temperature to 375 degrees F.
Lastly, if you want to bake a few of your pizzas without freezing them first you can find directions for that on this Toaster Oven Pizza Bagels post.