Frozen pizza bagel bites are so easy to make at home! Top mini bagels with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings – then stash them in the freezer. When hunger strikes, just pop a few in the toaster oven for a quick snack or fun dinner that everyone will enjoy.
Let’s Talk Toppings
These little pizzas aren’t just tasty and adorable, they’re great for cleaning out the fridge and using up leftover ingredients.
Grab that half-used jar of pesto or pizza sauce. Have a few mini bell peppers and broccoli pieces hanging around? Throw those on too!
From snack veggies to artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, black olives, and even jalapeños, pretty much any topping works. So long as you chop it into small bite-size pieces.
So what are you waiting for? Dig around in the fridge, grab whatever you’ve got on hand, and let’s fill the freezer with some tasty mini pizzas!
How to Make Mini Frozen Pizza Bagels
Step 1: Prep Your Pan
Start by lining your pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. This will keep the bagels from sticking to the pan once they’re frozen.
Step 2: Make Your Mini Pizzas
Slice the mini bagels in half and place the halves on the pan with the insides facing up.
- Spread each bagel with sauce (pizza sauce is a classic choice but pesto and BBQ sauce taste great too).
- Then add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Lastly, pile on your favorite toppings.
Before you freeze your pizza bagels there are two more important steps:
- Use your hand to press the toppings and cheese into the sauce. This will help keep the toppings from falling off the frozen pizzas during storage.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap to try and prevent freezer burn.
Step 3: Chill Out
Now all that’s left is to freeze them! Place the pan on something flat and stable in your freezer. Leave the pizzas in there until frozen, about 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Storage: After the pizzas have frozen place them in a well-sealed freezer bag. They should keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Cook The Frozen Pizza Bagels
- Adjust the cooking rack to the bottom position and preheat your toaster oven to 400°F.
- Grab a few frozen pizzas and place them on a rack inserted in a rimmed baking pan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the pizzas are warmed through the middle, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and then dig in!
FAQ & Cooking Tips
For a super crunchy crust, skip the rack and bake the frozen bagels directly on the pan. If you’re using a dark-colored pan, lower the temperature to 375°F otherwise the bottoms might burn.
I don’t have mini bagels, what can I use instead?
English muffins, mini naan, or pita bread will all taste delish.
Does the cooking time change for a convection toaster oven?
If you’re cooking with a convection toaster oven keep the bake time the same but lower the temperature to 375°F.
Do you have any other fun pizza-style recipes you recommend?
Our Zucchini Pizza Bites and Pizza Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a tasty way to eat more veggies. And these Tortilla Pizzas with Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach and Toaster Oven Pizza Bagels are ready in just 15 minutes!
- 3 Mini Bagels
- 6 tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Toppings (chopped peppers and veggies, sliced olives)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Slice bagels in half and place on pan. Top each mini bagel with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, 2 tablespoons of cheese, and desired toppings.
- Press the toppings and cheese down onto the sauce. This will help to keep the toppings from falling off once frozen.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight or until frozen, about 8 hours.
- When ready to bake pizzas, adjust the cooking rack to the bottom position and preheat your toaster oven to 400°F.
- Arrange pizzas on a rack inserted in a rimmed sheet pan. Bake until the cheese is melted, edges are browned, and the bagels are warmed through, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove pizzas from oven and cool for a few minutes before digging in!
For Crispier Crusts: Bake pizzas directly on an un-greased light colored sheet pan. For dark-colored pans, reduce temperature to 375°F.
Convection Adjustments: Reduce temperature to 375°F, cooking time remains the same.
Frozen Full-Sized Pizza Bagels: Substitute 2 full-sized bagels for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pizza bagels for 13 to 16 minutes.
Frozen Pita Pizzas: Substitute 3 large pitas for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pita pizzas for 13 to 16 minutes.
Frozen English Muffin Pizzas: Substitute 3 English muffins for the mini bagels. Bake frozen pizzas for 14 to 16 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 2 Mini Pizza Bagels
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 3.3gSaturated Fat: 1.3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 27.3gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 4.9gProtein: 6.2g