A small batch of Toaster Oven Veggie Nachos loaded with shredded cheese, black beans and crispy fresh veggies.
Who’s ready to get a little messy? Come along to my favorite happy messy place also known as Toaster Oven Veggie Nachos! It’s a no-forks-allowed crispy chip heaven filled with melty cheese and lots of delicious veggies.
Part of the reason these nachos make me oh so happy (aside from melty cheese) is because of my big sis. It’s quickly becoming a tradition that we make a double batch when she visits. And the only thing I love more than hanging out with my sister and her family is moving the party to the kitchen and making a fun meal together.
A few weeks ago my sister was trying to make these nachos at home and texted me with questions about time, temp, etc. I keep my phone on silent when I’m working and didn’t see the messages until hours later (I know I suck). Super bummed I immediately wrote Nachos Recipe on my to-do list for the website.
I figured this way my favorite hard working mama could always have a place to find the recipe and maybe some of you toaster oven lovers would enjoy it too!
So if you’re looking to make a small batch of nachos loaded with all the fixin’s you’ll find our Norris family recipe for Toaster Oven Veggie Nachos at the end of the post.
Okay, this last part is for my sister…
I know recipes stress you out sometimes but you don’t have to use all of the ingredients. Just grab what’s in the fridge (or stop at the salad bar) and here are the important parts:
- Good thick restaurant style chips in a single layer
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese then spinach, beans and peppers (think dry veggies like peppers now – wet veggies like avocado and tomatoes later)
- Save the salsa and herbs for after the oven (the salsa will make the chips soggy and the herbs will wilt)
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese
- Pop in a 400° oven for 5 to 8 mins, just long enough to get things melted and warm
- Now top with the chopped avocado, salsa, cilantro and anything else you want (yes the lime yogurt is a new addition, I think you guys will like it especially with the spicy jalapenos)
That’s it, you’re all set just grab some napkins and dig in!
What’s your must-have nacho topping? Does your family have a special meal or treat for get-togethers?