Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich, your flavorful (not too spicy) cure for lunchtime boredom.
Is your office lunch awesome, amazing or more accurately described as…Meh? Feeling a wee bit jealous of your coworker’s expensive takeout. About to settle for another sad soggy sandwich…don’t do it friend, You Deserve Better.
You should be enjoying an exciting, flavorful and nutritious meal. Something that inspires Level-10 Lunch Envy. Just one look at this Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich and your coworkers will be begging YOU for a bite.
The Sandwich Rundown: Creamy, sriracha spiked, lip-smacking good egg salad made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Flaky toaster oven kale chips sprinkled with garlic salt. Hearty whole grain bread slices toasted to perfection.
Yep, this my friend is the lunch you deserve!
I know what your thinking, “I want this but let’s be real you can’t make it at work”…Kale chips won’t stay fresh. Egg Salad – that’s going to be a soggy mess by lunchtime.
We had those same worries too. So Tim took the recipe for a “real world” test drive.
How to Make Your Sandwich at the Office
The night before, we spent about 20 minutes (during commercial breaks) making the egg salad and kale chips. Uncertain of how to keep the kale chips fresh we packed them two ways. One handful in a brown paper bag. One handful in a plastic sandwich bag with uncooked rice.
Two days in a row Tim made the sandwich at work and took notes for you:
- Total Assembly Time = 10 minutes
- If you have access to a toaster, toast the bread at work and let it cool before topping
- Both days there was liquid at the bottom of the egg salad container (my note: it’s whey from the yogurt, you can just drain it off)
- Kale Chips Day 1: Each bag was crispy and flaky
- Kale Chips Day 2: Awesome Sauce! Both chips were still crispy, flaky and delicious
- Final Verdict: More effort than a PB&J but absolutely worth it
What Do You Think
Does it sound doable for a weekday office lunch? What’s your best tip for managing to eat a healthy meal at work?
Nutritional information is an estimate for 1 Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich.