Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich, your flavorful (not too spicy) cure for lunchtime boredom. Made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo and topped with flaky kale chips this sandwich is perfect for a Saturday afternoon treat or busy mid-week lunch at the office. If you’ve got some leftover hard-boiled eggs to use up, it’s a snap to throw together!
Is your office lunch awesome, amazing or more accurately described as…Meh? Feeling a wee bit jealous of your coworker’s expensive takeout.
About to settle for another sad soggy sandwich…don’t do it, friend, You Deserve Better.
You should be enjoying an exciting, flavorful and nutritious meal. Something that inspires Level-10 Lunch Envy.
Just one look at this Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich and your coworkers will be begging YOU for a bite.
The Sandwich Rundown:
- Creamy, Sriracha-spiked, lip-smacking good egg salad made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
- Flaky toaster oven kale chips sprinkled with garlic salt.
- Hearty whole grain bread slices toasted to perfection.
Yep, this my friend is the lunch you deserve!
~ Keep scrolling for lunchroom sandwich tips after the recipe ~
Egg salad can be stored refrigerated for 3 to 4 days. Keep kale chips crisp by storing in a brown paper bag or sealed container with 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice. For tips on assembling sandwich at work see post. Easy to follow instructions for making hard-boiled eggs from the experts. Step by Step instructions for making Kale Chips
Sriracha Egg Salad
Nutrition Information: Yield: 221 Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270 Total Fat: 9.2g Saturated Fat: 2.6g Cholesterol: 246mg Sodium: 521mg Carbohydrates: 32.5g Fiber: 5.3g Sugar: 6.9g Protein: 17.6g
Egg salad can be stored refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
Keep kale chips crisp by storing in a brown paper bag or sealed container with 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice.
For tips on assembling sandwich at work see post.
Easy to follow instructions for making hard-boiled eggs from the experts.
Step by Step instructions for making Kale Chips
I know what your thinking, “I want this but let’s be real you can’t make it at work”…Kale chips won’t stay fresh. Egg Salad – that’s going to be a soggy mess by lunchtime.
We had those same worries too. So Tim took the recipe for a “real world” test drive.
How to Make Your Sandwich at the Office
The night before, we spent about 20 minutes (during commercial breaks) making the egg salad and kale chips.
Uncertain of how to keep the kale chips fresh we packed them two ways. One handful in a brown paper bag. One handful in a plastic sandwich bag with uncooked rice.
Two days in a row Tim made the sandwich at work and took notes for you:
- Total Assembly Time = 10 minutes
- If you have access to a toaster, toast the bread at work and let it cool before topping
- Both days there was liquid at the bottom of the egg salad container (my note: it’s whey from the yogurt, you can just drain it off)
- Kale Chips Day 1: Each bag was crispy and flaky
- Kale Chips Day 2: Awesome Sauce! Both chips were still crispy, flaky and delicious
- Final Verdict: More effort than a PB&J but absolutely worth it
If you love these sriracha egg salad sandwiches you might also enjoy:
- This satisfying Toaster Oven Broiled Eggplant Sandwich that’s packed full of delicious veggies. The broiled eggplant slices are a cinch to make and a great reason to finally use your toaster oven’s broiler. You can spread leftover eggplant slices with hummus for a tasty afternoon snack.
- Do you love chickpeas? One my favorite lunches are these protein-packed Spicy Chickpea Edamame Salad Pitas!
- An oldie but a goodie, this Roasted Red Pepper, Carrot and Hummus Sandwich will delight your taste buds (with the help of sriracha sauce) and keep your belly full all afternoon.
- For the ultimate in sandwich inspo check out these 19 Healthy Vegetarian Sandwiches That Will Make Lunchtime Awesome.
Looking For More Sriracha Recipes?
Let a drizzle of Sriracha Vinaigrette spice up your next salad, take your breakfast burritos up a level with a batch of Spicy Sriracha Roasted Red Potatoes, or make dinner special with a side of Sweet And Spicy Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sriracha.