These loaded fries for two are a restaurant-style treat that’s simple to make at home! The secret to this easy recipe is using basic frozen fries and amping up their flavor with a few pantry seasonings.
This recipe used to be the delicious surprise at the end of our must-read post 3 Toaster Oven Tips For Baking Epic Frozen Fries (AKA Crispy).
If you haven’t skimmed those tips (which work for ALL frozen foods, not just fries) and committed them to memory, go do it now. I’ll wait.
Cool, now that you know about the whole pan, rack, convection stuff let’s talk about these crazy good loaded fries!
They have ALL the best ingredients/flavors/textures your taste buds want:
- Crispy seasoned BAKED fries
- Tangy lemon garlic yogurt sauce
- Salty feta cheese and kalamata olives
- ALL your favorite veggies
and you can enjoy them without pausing your Netflix binge, putting on ‘outside’ pants or even leaving the house. Yep, that’s true love you’re feeling.
~ Keep scrolling for step by step photos & toaster oven fry tips after the recipe ~
- 8 oz frozen crinkle cut fries
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, (like grapeseed or avocado)
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder, fine sea salt, black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, (non-fat, 2% and whole milk will work)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, about 1oz
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- fresh parsley, chopped
- lemon wedges
For the Fries:
- In a large bowl combine frozen fries, oil, and seasoning. Stir well to coat.
- Arrange fries in an even layer on a small wire baking rack. Place rack in a pan and cook in your toaster oven according to the package directions. While the fries bake prepare the yogurt sauce.
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in parsley. Taste and add salt, pepper, and more garlic or lemon as desired.
- Place half of the baked fries on a plate, dollop with half of the yogurt and sprinkle with half of the toppings. Create a second layer with remaining fries, sauce, and toppings.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and add lemon wedges for squeezing. Then dig in!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, 1800 W, Stainless Steel
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Quarter Sheet, 2-Pack
- Checkered Chef Cooling Racks For Baking - Quarter Size - Stainless Steel Cooling Rack/Baking Rack Set of 2 - Oven Safe Wire Racks Fit Quarter Sheet Pan - Small Grid Perfect To Cool and Bake
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: Half of Recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 229 Total Fat: 11.5g Saturated Fat: 1.6g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 152mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 3.2g Sugar: 3.5g Protein: 6.9g
How To Make Ah-Mazing Loaded Fries
Start by grabbing a bag of your favorite frozen fries. Crinkle fries (traditional or sweet potato variety) are great for loading up with toppings.
Next, adjusting the cooking rack in your toaster oven to the lowest position and preheat according to the directions on your bag.
Place a metal oven-safe baking rack inside a rimmed toaster oven-sized pan.
Season the fries by combining in a large bowl:
- 8 ounces frozen fries
- 2 teaspoons oil*
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder, fine sea salt, and black pepper.
* To reduce the amount of oil, you can spray the fries lightly with oil or cooking spray instead.
Stir everything well to coat and then arrange the fries in an even layer on the metal rack.
Bake in your toaster oven according to the package directions until crispy.
While the fries bake prepare the yogurt sauce by whisking together 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder until smooth. Then, stir in 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley.
Give the sauce a taste and add salt, pepper, and more garlic or lemon as desired.
Once your fries are baked, it’s time to load them up with all the goodies:
- Place half of the baked fries on a plate
- Dollop with half of the yogurt
- Sprinkle with half of the toppings
- Repeat to create a second layer with the remaining fries, sauce, and toppings
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley
- Add lemon wedges for squeezing
and dig in!