Toaster oven reheated muffins are a magical treat. The tender insides get warmed through while the outsides are toasted creating a crispy, sweet, cookie-like crust. Discover 3 easy ways to warm up your favorite muffins!
Today we’re sharing 3 easy ways to reheat muffins in a toaster oven or countertop oven using the BAKE, BROIL, and BAGEL settings. Important: If your muffins are frozen thaw them on the counter for at least 30 minutes or microwave for 20 seconds before using the methods below.
How To Reheat Muffins in a Toaster Oven
This first method is my favorite way to reheat muffins. The exterior of the muffin gets toasted and crispy while the inside stays soft and fluffy.
- Adjust the cooking rack to the middle position (or bottom if you don’t have a middle position) and set your oven to 325F on the BAKE setting.
- Place muffins directly on the rack in the center and press start.
- Cook until your muffins are lightly toasted on the outside and warmed through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before devouring.
For convection toaster ovens reduce the temperature to 300F and start checking on your muffins a little earlier.
Prefer your muffins warmed but not toasted? Place them in a covered casserole dish or wrap individually in foil* before following the steps above. (*Make sure to review the manufacturer’s recommendations for using foil in your toaster oven)
How to Reheat Muffins With The Broil Setting
Using the broiler to reheat muffins creates a totally different yet equally delicious muffin experience.
Start by slicing your muffins in half and spread each side with butter.
Place the halves on the baking sheet that came with your oven.
Adjust the rack to the middle position and set the toaster oven to BROIL.
Broil muffins until the butter is melted and they are toasted on the edges, about 1 to 3 minutes depending on the strength of your machine’s broiler.
Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea.
If the Broil feature on your toaster oven/countertop oven is adjustable you might want to reduce the temperature. Using a lower Broil temperature is great for delicate items like the marshmallows in these ooey-gooey Toaster Oven S’mores.
How to Reheat Muffins Using The Bagel Setting
We’ve mentioned before that the Bagel Setting is one of our favorites. In addition to creating perfectly toasted bagels, it’s also good for warming and toasting your muffins.
With the Bagel Setting, you can reheat the muffins whole or sliced in half and buttered.
- Adjust the cooking rack to the middle position.
- Place your muffins in the center of the rack.
- Select the BAGEL Setting, choose the Darkness Level, and the number of slices. (To reheat 2 muffins in our Breville Smart Oven Pro we use a Medium Darkness Level of 4 and Slices Setting of 1 or 2)
- Press START to begin toasting.
Your Bagel setting may warm/toast muffins faster or slower so you’ll want to play around with it a little to find the setting that works best for you.
Now that you’ve got muffins on the brain want to bake a batch? We’ve got quite a few Toaster Oven Muffin Recipes to choose from.