There’s something about combining chocolate and raspberries that feels so adult maybe even a touch romantic. This Raspberry Key Lime Skillet Cookie For Two is perfect for sharing with someone you love. Our days go by so quickly that it’s hard to find a moment to just enjoy and savor something special with another person.
Time to relax and let your shoulders ease down a bit. A chance to ask each other questions. To harness the ability to be focused and truly interested in what another person is saying. Occasionally you need an excuse to stop time.
A scoop of ice cream slowly melting atop a warm citrus cookie covered in juicy berries is a pretty great one.
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil, plus a little for oiling skillet
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated key lime peel
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of finely ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped raspberries
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 F and lightly oil a 5 inch cast-iron skillet.
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, grated key lime peel and key lime juice, whisk until well combined. Stir in whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt just until combined.
- Pour batter into cast-iron skillet and smooth batter into an even layer. Top with chopped raspberries, try to avoid having the berries touch the edge of the pan. (Do Not stir berries into the cookie batter unless you would like to eat a purple cookie).
- Bake at 350 F for 9 to 10 minutes until top of cookie is golden brown and set in the center. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before eating. Serve warm and top with ice cream if desired.
Nutritional information includes 1 scoop of Haagen-Dazs natural chocolate ice cream (not affiliated with them just like their ice cream) and 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.
Nutritional Information is an estimate for 1/2 of skillet cookie topped with a scoop of premium chocolate ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: Half of Recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 12.8gSaturated Fat: 9.4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 241.7mgCarbohydrates: 36.5gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 22.4gProtein: 4.2g